Followers

Saturday 8 April 2017

Vannessa Challenge Project - Saturday 8th April 2017

Good Morning and welcome to my post for the new challenge from the Ching-Chou Kuik Inspiration and Challenge blog. This month our challenge is called Under The Sea, so we would love to see your sea themed projects. You can also include mermaids or sea animals which usually live under the sea, even if they are not under it in your image!

I used the gorgeous Lilies Commitment in my project and made a picture frame scene using a cheap plastic frame I bought ages ago from Poundland. Unfortunately the glass in it was broken when I dug it out this morning, but that worked in my favour a little bit as it meant I could have things sticking on to the image from frame itself.

The frame was originally white but I painted it with a layer of gesso to make it easier to add the paint, although I'm not really sure I needed it. I used Ice Blue Pearlescent paint and then added lots of shells from eBay and other goodies from an old Craft Box.

Although it didn't come out quite as I had imagined, I really love it and it is the first part to my new bathroom, which when we get round to decorating it, will have a mermaid theme to it (I do think I will need to add the glass in the frame then though to protect it from all the moisture, so will need to go and buy another frame to steal the glass out of!)


And here is a close up of my colouring...

She has been coloured with Copics and you can find out more about her here in my blogpost

Don't forget to check out all the other gorgeous design team posts this week and why not join in the fun with our challenge this month? There are some fabulous prizes to be won!

You can also join our Facebook group for more inspiration and we have a monthly Facebook Challenge as well.

No comments: